Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wonkyness....


Okay, so today was a little crazy on the book front...
I got a voice message from my publisher saying that I needed to resend my manuscript in because I had already put in all of the illustrations, and they need them sent separately. What? Apparently, because my publisher has grown so much as a company, things have changed a lot since I last published with them. Last time, when I published Book 2, I just sent it all in as is, with the pictures already in place.
So, today I had to go back into the manuscript, take out all of the illustrations, replace them with a little "place holder" (for example: insert 1/2 page picture of Image 2), and then resend the manuscript like that. I also had to rename all of the illustrations to match the Image numbers and e-mail them separately.
Whew!
It actually didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. But I had worked sooo hard to get all of the pictures just the right size, in the right place, etc. And then had to undo all of that hard work. Ugh. But...such is the life of an author! :)
And, even though I was redoing something, it was still fun in a way because I'm working towards the goal of a published third book! And, as an author, you have to revise and redo things a lot of times, like rewrites. So... be ready, all you authors out there!
Also, I started looking into Twitter today, and happened to come across the AuthorHouse site on there - that's my publisher! I just saw, by pure luck, a contest they are having tomorrow morning. I could win $700 towards my publishing with them! I will DEFINITELY let you know what happens with that! I'm super excited. That would help me out a lot. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
On another note, I hope everyone has seen the WonkyWear online shop! I added a few more items a couple days ago, and they're pretty cool. Check them out at http://www.wonkywear.spreadshirt.com/!
Have a wonky day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of the rewriting, editing, etc. of our world! At least it's towards a goal, as you said. I'm very excited for you and the clothing line looks faboo! I'm eager for book three and I think I'm going to reread books one and two in order to prepare. :) I'll have to look for you on Twitter! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete