Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Start of Book 3!


Things are changing, growing, and beginning for me...
With Book 3 underway, I thought it might be cool to start a blog. This way my readers could follow me on my journey in creating the third book, The Wonky Witch and the Witching Well, and see what it's really like for me to go through the publishing process. It's very involved, and I like to be right there in the middle of the action!
So, Welcome to my Wonky Wisdom Blog!
Today, I sent in the manuscript to my publishers!! It was so exciting to hit that send button and know that Book 3 was sailing through cyber space toward my publishers! How cool is that? I also had to send in a Submission Information form, which just includes questions on the size I want the book to be, what I want on the cover (by the way, the picture on the front is super cool!), how I want the inner part of the book to look, etc. It was neat to be finished with the preliminary work, and now I get to look ahead to the exciting creative aspects of designing the book and working side-by-side with my publishing house. More news will be on the way....!
Also, I recently started my own WonkyWear clothing shop online! It's so cool. I've designed about 100 items so far, from hats to t-shirts to sweatshirts to bags. It was so much fun, and I try to add more items when I can. I already ordered one of the Book 3 hats for myself, and it looks great! I figured that this way, my readers and fans could have dozens of things to choose from. I plan on bringing a few choice items to the release party for Book 3 on October 30 at the Bel Air Barnes and Noble. That way, people can see some of the items, purchase them from me, and find out what cool things are in the WonkyWear shop! Visit the shop at http://www.wonkywear.spreadshirt.com/!
I'm really excited about all of things that are going on right now! I'm talking to the Barnes and Noble about release party ideas for this October, working on my website (http://www.wonkywitch.com/), getting new Fan Club members to join, e-mailing schools about author visits for the week before the release party, and I've even starting writing Book 4! :)
A LOT is going on, but I'm having a blast with all of it!
Keep thinking Wonky thoughts, and visit my website and this blog often to keep up to date on what's going on with Book 3 and for details about the release party!
With magical flourish,
Becky Titelman

No comments:

Post a Comment