Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a Nice and Wonky Day!


I hope this pretty summer day finds everyone happy and possibly taking a dip in the pool! I wish I could do that! Here in NYC, there are not very many pools... :(
Anyway, today hasn't been too eventful. I did find out that my publisher received my manuscript, which was good to know. But if I hadn't called to find out, I would still be wondering, since I never received any kind of confirmation. My publishing representative told me that they will contact me soon. But....argh....I'm too excited to wait! Haha. I actually was hoping to have some kind of creative project to do, like look over the cover or something. But I guess it's too early for that.
With the package I get for this book, I will have Rapid Release, which means the book could be available as early as September, as long as everything has been paid for. But I won't technically release it to readers until October. Halloween is a much better time for a Wonky book anyway. I also get a Marketing Package with this book, which is something I had last time for Book 2. It has 100 bookmarks, 100 postcards, and 100 business cards, all with my book cover and details on them. But I found that, as a children's book author, the postcards weren't very much help, so I have asked if I can get 200 bookmarks and 100 business cards. I used a lot of the bookmarks for prizes and gifts for my readers. I hope that I can get more this time! I'll let you know when I find out.
It's been a few years since the first two books came out, so make sure, when you're lounging by the pool or at the beach this summer, to pick up the books and re-read them! That way you will totally be prepared for Book 3 this fall!! And don't forget to check out the WonkyWear shop at www.wonkywear.spreadshirt.com!
Hope you are all having a Wonky day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I will defintely re-read the first two books before I get the third. I can't wait until it comes out! See you at Barnes and Noble! Btw, that picture of you is really good!!
    Talk to you soon!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete